Wednesday 1 August 2007

Open Day

The theme for this years World Breastfeeding Week is


Breastfeeding

The 1st Hour

Save One Million babies.


Mamalink will be holding an Open Day

Saturday 4th August from 10am til 2pm.

Do join us to find out more about the importance of this 1st breastfeed ( especially if you are expectant parents ).

Topics:

1) Breastfeeding, why is 1st hour so important?
2) Baby Massage Demo ( on doll unless there is a willing baby present ! )
3) Special offers - 1 day only.
4) Refreshments will be provided

For more information see
www.mamalink.com.my

1 comment:

Mommy-yeoh said...

I fully breastfeed my baby, who is now about 7 months plus and started on solid when she was 6 months. Lately she doesnt seems to be interested in breastfeeding. She will suckle for about 5 minutes of less then pulls away. When I tried giving her again, she will become irritated.

When I am away from her while at work, she will take about 5-6 oz of breastmilk given to her in the bottle by her grandma.

After work, I will breastfeed her and she doesnt show much interest either. Last Saturday she hardly feed at all and my breast became engorged cause it was not 'emptied'. On Sunday, I pump my milk out when she didnt want to suckle, and tried feeding her in the bottle. She finished every drop of the 5oz of milk I gave and this was just after she had half a bowl of pumpkin soup.

I know she has quite a good appetite but why isnt she interested to suckle? I am a bit worry as I felt that my milk has lessen. I used to pump 16-19 oz of milk a day while in the office. Now I only managed 12oz. And I do not want to stop breastfeeding her as well.

So far she only have her solid meal once a day. Just started her on 2 meals which is only in the weekends.

Any advice will be appreciated.